Wonderware 7.0 and ab1784 on xp

jvalle

I hope that someone can help me out with this.

I am upgrading a few of my HMI systems and have ran into a problem. I have Wonderware 7.0 and a ab 1784 pktx card in a pc running xp pro sp2. I cannot get wonderware to read the 1784 card. I have rslinx installed on the same system and the ab1784 card work fine. I install the 1784 kt software first of all and installs fine, and then load the firmware, but when I try to install the updated server software because it is a pci card (AB1784KT Version 7,5,0,4)it gives me an error that the fs2000 componets are not installed. Does anyone have any experiance with this that could help me out please......

Are you using the DH+ or DH485?
In case of DH+, I think you have to use the ABdhplus i/o server or das server within WW. I can't remember which, but I don't think you can use rslinx with WW. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I am using DH+, and yes I need to use ww ab1784 kt i/o server. This is the server that I am having problems installing in xp. In Windows 2000 it works great. I cant figure out why I cannot get it to work on xp.