Wonderware data access via REST API

manasi

Please let me know whether Wonderware data can be accessed via REST API or not. I have stand alone Winderware InTouch 2014 (64 tags Runtime + Development) license.

If possible then how?

Regards
Manasi

Hi manasi,

Currently, Wonderware does not support connections via REST API. It may be possible to accomplish with a third-party solution, such as Kepware's IoT Gateway (which supports REST).

I would also like to mention that the latest release of the new Wonderware OI Servers (Operation Integration) supports MQTT, which may be an alternative to the REST API depending on your application. OPC UA and many others are also supported.

Regards,

Jeremy

Hi manasi,

Currently, Wonderware does not support connections via REST API. It may be possible to accomplish with a third-party solution, such as Kepware's IoT Gateway (which supports REST).

I would also like to mention that the latest release of the new Wonderware OI Servers (Operation Integration) supports MQTT, which may be an alternative to the REST API depending on your application. OPC UA and many others are also supported.

Regards,

Jeremy

I have 64 Tags DEV+RUNTIME license WW Version 2014. Please advise whether it supports MQTT. If you have any documentation related to this please send it to me.

Thanks and regards
Manasi

I have 64 Tags DEV+RUNTIME license WW Version 2014. Please advise whether it supports MQTT. If you have any documentation related to this please send it to me.

Thanks and regards
Manasi

Hi Manasi,

There are a couple parts to the answer to that question that I think you would find helpful:

• The 64 Tag variant of InTouch (any version) includes a "Standard" license for Wonderware Device Integration servers.
  • With the 2014R2 release of Wonderware products, we've dramatically updated what was formerly known as Wonderware Device Integration servers - now called Operations Integration servers - to include new capabilities and new protocols, such as MQTT. We have also added more advanced protocols and technical features of the OI server software itself available in a new "Professional" license. This provides those users with lesser requirements to use the Standard set out of the box unencumbered, and more advanced architectures to gain access to the Professional features they need.
  • MQTT is included in the "Standard" license, but only under the current 2014R2 version (and future releases).
  • The 2014R2 release was the first to include these new protocols. Which means your 2014 license will need to be upgraded to the current version (2014R2) to take advantage of MQTT.

Documentation for the Operations Integration servers (or any product) can be found on the Schneider Electric Software Support website, under the Product Hub section: http://softwaresupport.schneider-electric.com

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Last edited:
Hi Manasi,

The MQTT driver itself was added to the OI Server installation package in a minor update after the initial 2014R2 release. If you have an installation DVD that was printed before that update was released, the DVD won't include that update. You will need to download the latest installation file for OI Servers from the Software Support website: http://softwaresupport.schneider-electric.com

Also - I would highly recommend deleting that file attachment, that is a private legal document for that company and these forums are publicly available.