Wow, the Prez speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care if it is advertising, 'cause I never knew 2 different brands of PLC could actually talk to each other. It's something I've always wondered about. I've got 4 different PLCs at home now and it would be awsome to link them together and share data just for kicks. Where is Santa when you really need him?:ROFLMAO:

Later...Todd

If you considered it advertising , and it bothers you , the easiest course of action is not to buy one - I suppose I am as bad by replying , but I can't see it is worthy of comment . Seems the guy gave valid information , albeit on a product he has some connection with . If he hadn't put his name on the post , would anyone care ?

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!!

I wish I'd never mentioned advertising! It was a joke, OK?
I knew there had been a stream of posts in the past when some people had viewed some other people's contributions as overt and explicit advertising.
I just thought that it might be a tad droll to raise the spectre again. So it appears I was wrong. I haven't heard anyone chuckling with wry amusement.

Now stop it, all of you!

Ken

Well done, TW. Good boy. If only the others were as well behaved as you.

Ken

Sorry Ken, but you didn't raise a spectre, you called Cthulhu. As the Mad Arab wrote, "Do not call up what ye cannot put down!"

I welcome responses from manufacturers, and I do believe we get so little participation from them precisely because of the draconian reaction some people have towards vendors in general.

Shooting ourselves in the foot in this regard.

TM

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

What Ken fails to tell us is that he is the President and CEO of a firm that sells ad-blocker products. Their proprietary algorithm identifies and evaluates the advertising content of all forum posts, emails, IM text, etc. and zaps anything that falls short of its 'commercial-free' standard. His post regarding Mike's response was passed through his company's algorithm and what showed up on the forum was all that came out. He had intended to include links to websites where you can purchase his software, but his software edited them out.

Disclaimer: The above post is fiction and a lame attempt at humo(u)r. Any resemblance to actual people or products is purely coincidental. Any person who disagrees with this disclaimer is invited to bend over and place his face where the sun doesn't shine.

Just had to chime in, I have spoke about and suggested the red lion product here before and that’s not advertising, but if we ‘bash’ the products of the manufacture then they should chime in, and make good, with their product.

We (the end user’s) are the best advertising they will ever get, if someone on here speaks highly of a product, I will consider it on my next application, if I like it, I will also recommend it, the manufacture makes money we keep getting better and better products.

Now to Ken M it was very obvious to me that you were joking, but I wanted to speak my mind anyway:ROFLMAO:

To MikeGranby keep up the good work, I have had some issues with your products but all and all they are very good, I think you and other manufactures should help more on this site, not advertising but genuine help, see what we need in the future.

CaseyK...time for a poll? How many manufactures are out there watching us?

Stephen Luft said:
1 out of 270 = 0.37%
Stephen, good stats

God bless, :D

It always amazes me when in this site, we are asked to make a judgement call. My friends you have a long way to go. Many who have a strong technical judgement are so out of the ball park when it comes to human nature that they should close there PC and walk to there local librairy. Perhaps even take that course in Critical Thinking.

Now here is our new Nobel prize winner :sick:
MikeGranby said:
I know, because I wrote the software for it!
...and he happens to be the big Kahuna
MikeGranby said:
...Babel Box ...purchased by Red Lion.
Now here real infos, nobody would have figured it.
MikeGranby said:
...It's basically a data mapper. It reads data from a specified area in one PLC, and moves it to a specified area in another PLC..

MikeGranby said:
...It works pretty well
I want peace on earth and feed all the babies too!
MikeGranby said:
He's a good guy
How could he have been anything else.
MikeGranby said:
... you'll get good support
Of course Sir, its cristal clear.

Now the pitch.
MikeGranby said:
...For new applications, might I recommend
...and moore
MikeGranby said:
...and moore
MikeGranby said:
...It does all...Blablablas... plus a lot more, including ...Blablablas... Think of ...Blablablas...It was developed by the same ...Blablablas... but has a lot more ...Blablablas....

Mike Granby
President
Red Lion Controls

One of the plagues of modern times is that superior intelligent peoples are putting there natural and acquired abilities to the service of selling canned food. This is why marketing is so insiduous, one cannot always detect that the source of his unhappyness originates in what others tell him his basic needs are.

In the case of this thread its not even close. If it looks like a Cat, its rarely a tiger.

So is this marketing?

Now all we need is for Stephen to step in and bless us all.

Last edited:
Pierre said:
How could he have been anything else.
Well, since he's a competitor, he could quite easily have been!!!

Pierre said:
Now the pitch.
No, as has been pointed out, I'm saying that while the Babel Box is okay for certain apps, I wouldn't suggest designing a machine around it if you're going to need more than a few units. It's not currently manufactured by anyone, so you're going to get a nasty surprise if you expect to keep buying them. If you need future support, buy our Data Station Plus, or buy something from someone else. That's your call. But I just want people to be clear on the status of the Babel Box.

Pierre said:
One of the plagues of modern times is that superior intelligent peoples are putting there natural and acquired abilities to the service of selling canned food.
Sorry. You've lost me. Anyway, that's enough from me in this thread. In future, I'll be sure to restrict myself to threads where Red Lion products have already been mentioned, and where a question is being asked or a misunderstanding perpetuated. For what it's worth, I think the Babel Box thread was in this category, but you can't please all the people etc.....

Last edited:
I think that's bein' a little hasty, there Mike. The vibe I'm getting is not the same as you apparently. The majority here seem to be fine with your posts and don't consider them over the "line". If your posts are over the line, then there are other posters here who've beat you across.

Don't run off when you can be helpful--you don't appear to be that kind of person.

And if you had crossed the line, Phil would said something.:site:

We need you folks, "TPTB", to join us here, see what the guys (and ladies) in the plants are liking and not liking, what problems they are having, etc, so that all of you can work with us to improve the products that we have to deal with ever day.
So don't leave us , in fact, contact the other CEO's and have them join us in keeping this site the very best place to advance the art of the PLC...and have fun doing it!!

David :site:

> I think that's bein' a little hasty, there Mike.

Probably -- I'm just not quite understanding Pierre's point. Anyway, I'll hang around. And perhaps, like David, says, I'll try and persuade some others to join-up as well. It's just not all the CEOs are geeks like me!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.