Wow, the Prez speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binaural said:
OK Stephen and Keithkyll, you believe in a god, and that's fine. But please, how about keeping the proselytizing off the forum? I for one really don't care, and hijacking threads to broadcast your beliefs is not on.

Agreed. My intent was to stay strictly scientific. Ken defined the issue, but there were inaccuracies. In order to offer a correction, I needed to reveal my own belief in order to give credibility.
I debated whether I should post or not, but the thread was already hijacked anyway.

I would be willing to defend the freedom for someone to sign their posts with whatever phrase they want. Someone said something about Stephen's, and he responded. Stephen's not the hijacker.

As long as we're discussing what's inappropiate, I think fowl language should be #1 on the list.
[End of soapbox]
Proselytizing was not my intent. Intelligent people can discuss this subject on a purely scientific basis.
Sorry if I offended anyone.

In defense of Mr Luft, he didn't start the religious arguement - that began with a certain someone taking exception to his sign-off.

I don't object to the arguement - to defend one's beliefs, one must think about and question them, always a good thing.

But don't pick on the guy for taking up the gauntlet thrown down to him.

TM

keithkyll said:
I think fowl language should be #1 on the list.

What's wrong with

gobble, gobble, gobble,
cluck, cluck, cluck.
tweet. tweet. tweet.
cooooo, ccoooo.

all the sounds of various feathered fowl?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.