Yaskawa MP2300 to Compact Logix L32e

magicsmoke

Has anybody connected a Yaskawa MP2300 to a Allen Bradley Compact Logix L32e.

I'm having problems seeing the yaskawa mp2300 in the logix 5000 program. Maybe I'm setting it up wrong don't know for sure if any one has done this do you have some type of manual or something that would help me out.

thanks

Smoke. What details can you give us? What comm protocol are you trying to use? What have you tried up to this point to establish integrating the 2 devices?

I'm setting it up with ethernet so the mp2300 is IP I/O I keep getting a ! on the I/O I have the IP address set up so the compact is looking for the mp2300 and it's not finding it.

Is it MP2300 or MP2300IEC PLC? They are quite different despite the similarities in model numbers and appearances. As far as I am aware, only MP2300IEC supports Ethernet/IP communications; EIP communication module for a standard MP2300 has not been released in the States yet.

I should probably add that all Yaskawa PLCs require a power cycle when network settings (like IP address and such) were changed.

Before cycling power, one MUST save changes to flash memory, otherwise they will be lost when power comes back up.

So set your IP address and subnet mask on your MP2300, execute "Save to flash" and cycle the PLC power off and on. If everything correct, you should be able to ping your PLC from a PC. Only then you should start to worry about the EIP comm configuration in CompactLogix.