Yaskawa MPiec Export/Import Variables

aiki202

Is there a way to efficiently edit the variable database in a Yaskawa MPiec controller (using MotionWorks IEC Pro 2)? RA allows export/import functionality for editing the tag database in .CSV format...anything similar with Yaskawa?

This document (Doc#: PN.MWIEC.01) appears to be what I am looking for but the file does not exist in my project folder.

Any ideas?

That is the first time I have seen that document, and you are correct, that file doesn't exist in the project. I have set up a "master" Excel file with different tabs to handle the tags, and format them for different functions. You then cut and paste. Be careful of pasting into the global variables area, as it will overwrite things. I always chose the last line in a group, add a new variable, highlight that new variable line and paste. That keeps the paste process from hosing up any existing variables.

Thanks for the info.

Yaskawa should have an export to/import from .CSV for editing outside of MW...interesting they do not.

A few more questions...

(1) How do I know the format of the database? Do I just copy out a row first into Excel and follow the copied format?

(2) What if I rearrange the column order then paste...does the database get messed up?

That is correct. I paste, then just keep the same format. Do not change the columns around. It isn't smart, so it will try to use whatever format you dump into it(it won't work, though).

This functionality really comes from the MultiProg environment, and not Yaskawa. I am surprised that after all these years, and the state of other software, that a simple import/export is not supported.