yeah/neh on idea for SLC housekeeping idea?

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Problem I am attempting to correct:
Make the SLC work more like the PLC 5 in the way in which oneshots work. In essence, make an ONS out of an OSR. To further expound... The SLC doesn't set their OSR's to one on prescan. The PLC 5 does. The benefit of this is the following:

// This is an SLC. The coil could pulse on first scan even though B3/0 didn't transition from false to true on its own (i.e. an actual discrete photo-eye input but no object went in front of it).

B3/0 B10:0/0 B3/1
--|/|----[OSR]---( )

// This is a PLC 5. On prescan, the PLC writes a 1 to B10:0/0 to inhibit B3/1 from pulsing pre-maturely.

B3/0 B10:0/0 B3/1
--|/|----[ONS]---( )

Idea:
If I reserve an array of words for oneshot useage. I could then set each word to a "-1" on first scan which would set each of the oneshot's memory registers to one. This would be very similar to the way in which the PLC 5 handles oneshots on prescan.

Good idea?
Bad idea?
You worry to much?
More useless time wasted?

You should have posted this as a poll

C. You worry too much.

How often is your PLC getting powered down? Most of my installs either operate 24/7, or

How often do you write a rung where the default conditions are usually false under normal conditions?