No connection between RSLinx and 1770-KF2

mulderm

Hello,

I have installed on a Windows NT V4.0 pc system
RSLinx profession V2.42.
Now I connected a 1770-kf2 communication module on the
com 1 port (serial) to communicate on a DH+ network
with an Allen Bradley PLC5/25 processor.
When I choose ´Automatic Configure´ in the configuration
of RSLinx I get the message "Check your cable".
I can not connected to the network.
The cable and module are correct because when I connected
it to my notebook with Windows 98 installed on it, there is
no problem.
Who can help me?
There is also Novell installed on the PC.

mulderm

I think you have not correctly configured the serial driver.

When configuring the KF2 driver you need to set the device type correctly. I think the KF2 driver does not support Autobaud.

The DF1 driver config should look like this:

KF2_Driver.jpg

I have precisly done what you have told.

I still can´t get the communication.

On my notebook with Windows 98 it works perfect.

Settings: Com 1, 9600 Baud, Device = 1770-kf2, parity=none,
stopbits=1, BCC, Full Duplex

Why not on Windows NT 4.0?

mulderm

Not sure. I was thinking more on making sure there is only one driver configured in RSLinx. Also no other software packages running that might want the port.

Com port

It is possible your serial port on the NT computer is not configured for com 1... I would check that first...
If you don't know where to check, try the auto config on RSLinx with different coms selected...

I am hopeless.

I have check the com 1 port: using hyperterminal and the Basic-module 1771-db/b; the com 1 port work correct.
Deinstall RSLinx prof and install RSLinx Lite: same problem
Why not communicate on Windows NT 4.0 and on Windows 98 works
fine?

Please help me.

mulderm

I have seen a lot of this type of problem. Usually, if the Linx driver is set to the correct port, then something else is using the port and not letting linx get control of it, though usually when I see it, Linx is in command and I want something else to use it. If you have something else that does work using that com port, make sure it is off and is not calling for the port. Does the driver in linx show a port conflict or error, or does it say it is running?

Auto Configuration Failed! The device at the configured station number is NOT a 1770-KF2 device!
Possible solution

The device RSLinx found at the specified station is not a 1770-KF2 device. Check the station number and/or device type in the driver configuration dialog box.

Auto Configuration Failed! The KF2 device at the configured station number is NOT set to DH+ mode!
Possible solution

The device RSLinx found at the specified station is a KF2, but it is not operating in DH mode. Reset the KF2 to operate in DH mode.

From Allen-Bradley!

Also try this RSLinx Forum
🔨

Thank you for all the information guys.

I think that I install Windows 98 or XP.
Windows NT 4.0 is to old for this.

Greetings,

mulderm