Allen-Bradley Armor VFDs. Experiences? Gripes or Complaints?

JaxGTO

I have a customer with almost a mile of conveyors in a new building. They love to move things around every few months so I was thinking of using the Armor VFDs and Armor IO blocks. This way we can more easily move sections of equipment around and just have to do some programming.

I have used the Armor IO before but not the VFDs. Just wondering if anyone out there has.

Thanks, Jack.

I would look at the Yaskawa line
if you are using ethernet and don't need a lot of IO you can use the IO in the Yaskawa vfd
You can read and wright to it just like stand alone IO
I would sure simplify moving the conveyor one power drop to feed the vfd and one ethernet passthrough and you are done.

Can't change lines the customer wants a 100% AB solution.
For Starters I am looking at the ArmorStart 290E and for VFD the 294E.
Now thinking about having a wire tray under the conveyor and using the 480, 24vds and Ethernet patch cords in the tray. It's a lot of pieces and parts but it wont require any electrical work to move a line.