CompactLogix sending CIP message to a PC

Yeah. I havn't had the time to finish it though. My plan was to have it log data into an SQL database on my NAS.
Some day...

Does your sniffer know Ethernet/IP and CIP? Wireshark does, and it breaks it down for you.
1. Can you post which parts you are having trouble with?
2. I havn't tried CELL but maybe it's using connected messaging. That's what I did.

I would of recommended tuxeip, but i see that Stéphane already did.

I think with Stéphane's program, these questions don't confuse me anymore. I think what you're trying to do has some similarity with our plan. Read and log the PLC tag data into database. This must be the best PLC forum since I've met so many experienced PLC-related users and developers here!

In case you don't want to re-invent the wheel, there is a popular automation software package called Ignition that features cross-platform support (Java) and is based on integration with SQL databases.

I'm running it on an Ubuntu 10.04 server (a tiny little FitPC2) with MySQL. Even without the visualization package it's a tidy and relatively inexpensive transaction manager for Logix-family controllers and SQL. One of my customers for it, by coincidence, is in Edmonton.

In case you don't want to re-invent the wheel, there is a popular automation software package called Ignition that features cross-platform support (Java) and is based on integration with SQL databases.

I'm running it on an Ubuntu 10.04 server (a tiny little FitPC2) with MySQL. Even without the visualization package it's a tidy and relatively inexpensive transaction manager for Logix-family controllers and SQL. One of my customers for it, by coincidence, is in Edmonton.

Thanks, Ken! I'll check it out.

Hi Stéphane, it works! (y) I'm amazed by your works. The code is well written and commented. And the documentation clarifies the structure. I can't thank you more for this.

Thanks, pleased that it help you.
If needed, you Will find applications in the tuxplc folder that can log to a mysql db ( from any rockwell controllers using any network and also from modbus devices)
if you need I CAN explain how it works

SQL Code

Hi Stéphane, I am looking for a way to log data to a SQL DB straight from the Rockwell PLC. Sounds like you have code some sample code that does that and are willing to share it. I went to tuxeip web page, but don't see any downloads. My company uses IE8 and I can not download Firefox at work. Not sure if this is why I can not see the downloads. Is there any way you can send me the sample code.

Thanks