Download parameters from powerflex40 to pc with 22-comm-e

RodV

Hey guys

I need to download parameters from a powerflex40 and upload them to another one.

I have a communication card 22-comm-e but I want to connect to it directly from my laptop.

Can anybody give me directions on how can I do this please??

I have installed in my laptop connected components workbench and rslinx classic.

Thanks!!

Do your two Powerflex drives have at least one HIM plug-in module? If so, you can save the User Set from the first one in the HIM module, then move the HIM to the second drive and "Restore From User Set" (copy) to that drive.

Powerflex Drive User Sets.jpg

Last edited:
You probably mean upload from a drive and download to another...
Do you know the IP Addresses of the 22-COMM-E adapters?
If you do, match your laptop's NIC (or USB/Ethernet adapter) address to the VFDs' subnet (first three octals should match), configure an RSLinx EtherNet/IP driver pointed to the adapter matching the drive's subnet and make sure you could browse to the drives.
Open up CCW, File/New, View, Device Toolbox, pick the VFD type you are going to connect to and bring it into your project tree; double-click (Open) the drive and choose "Upload"; RSLinx RSWho interface will be invoked- drill through the previously configured driver to the drive you wish to upload from; follow the prompts.
For downloading to another VFD use the Parameter File you have just uploaded and the "Download" button pointing to the drive you want to update.