Equipment Enumeration Standards

JeremyM

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I’m doing some foundational HMI work and am looking for any (hopefully standard) resources that enumerate generic equipment. Sensors and device-level stuff (VFDs, valves, etc.) are a huge plus.

Examples:
0: Undefined
1: Conveyor
2: Heater
3: Roaster
4: Sorter
50: Variable Speed Drive

… and so on.

Thanks!

Probably more suited to devising a list for use in-house.

No point having others peoples stuff on there if you don't have it. Unless I've missed your point.

We could (and do). It depends on our customer, but sometimes we integrate 3rd-party machinery among our own in production lines.

I'm not saying I need specific models, just generic equipment types.

Hi all,

I’m doing some foundational HMI work and am looking for any (hopefully standard) resources that enumerate generic equipment. Sensors and device-level stuff (VFDs, valves, etc.) are a huge plus.

Examples:
0: Undefined
1: Conveyor
2: Heater
3: Roaster
4: Sorter
50: Variable Speed Drive

… and so on.

Thanks!

Seems to me that "Variable Speed Drive" doesn't belong in that list. Conveyors along with various other pieces of plant equipment might all be driven by a variable speed drive -- or not.

I've had clients request equipment numbering standards such as:
first 2 digits = plant number
second 2 digits = equipment type
third 3 digits = equipment number

So, for instance, 0101017 would indicate Plant 1 Conveyor #17

Sure - some background: I’m implementing PackML/IS88 and what I’m going for is a uniform HMI “widget” in FTME that displays iconography (multistate indicator) based on the unit/module/device you’re looking at. Units can contain modules, modules contain devices, and so on. The immediate way I’ve been thinking to do this is with a DINT describing the backing object’s class, but it demands a flat enumeration space. If there’s a way to nest the classes and achieve what I’m going for, I’m all ears.