FTview SE comm path to plc5

mike_dr

I have a L73 clx with dhrio and EN2T ethernet card and is connected to a PLC5 via dh+ network. I am connecting the PC with FTview SE HMI to clx via ethernet. Is it possible to connect the FTview to the plc5 via the clx without adding the PC to the DH+ network?although i am not seeing this in the comm path at all and I cannot select the plc5 controller in rslinx as of time. I know the station number of the plc5 in dh+. I also read that you cannot switch CIP to PCCC route(http://media.klinkmann.fi/catalogue/en/Rockwell/Rockwell_Software_RSLinx_Enterprise_en_0811.pdf) but if there is a way, I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Using RSLinx Enterprise would require the FTView data server to be on the same network as the PLC-5. You cannot bridge.

If you have access to a paid version of RSLinx Classic (Gateway, Professional, OEM, Single-Node) rather than the free "Lite" version, you can create an OPC Topic in RSLinx Classic that goes through a bridge. FTView can use that topic as part of an OPC Server.

But as mentioned, if there isn't too much data, I would send data to the CLX and then message the data between the CLX and the PLC-5.

OG