Omron Pro in Seattle

Program actually looks well commented (Green text) which will help.
With structured text you need to think of the "output" first. Well written ST anyway.
Newbies tend to write a lot of "If" "then" "else".

LOL, I am certainly a newbie when it comes to ST
Thanks for the info on comments being in green.
I was wondering what the significance of the different colored text was.

With that said I see that all the text in Output Mapping is all green.
(see below)

Just want to wrap my head around what rules to what and when.

So then the blue text would all be instructions and the red text are I/O and Mapped I/O?
Or is red only mapped I/O?
I see that the physical inputs are black in Input Mapping
Are the different colors static or do they change depending on what you are doing or whare you are in the programing?

I will be throwing questions out shotgun style as I see them. Please forgive the fact that some will seem very obvious to those in the know. But I will ask them anyway just insure I am not assuming something and appreciate all the answers and input from everyone.

Output Mapping 1.jpg

A ST routine must have at least 1x line of code
This looks like some documentation (we do something very similar for revision notes..)

LOL, I am certainly a newbie when it comes to ST
Thanks for the info on comments being in green.
I was wondering what the significance of the different colored text was.

With that said I see that all the text in Output Mapping is all green.
(see below)

Just want to wrap my head around what rules to what and when.

So then the blue text would all be instructions and the red text are I/O and Mapped I/O?
Or is red only mapped I/O?
I see that the physical inputs are black in Input Mapping
Are the different colors static or do they change depending on what you are doing or whare you are in the programing?

I will be throwing questions out shotgun style as I see them. Please forgive the fact that some will seem very obvious to those in the know. But I will ask them anyway just insure I am not assuming something and appreciate all the answers and input from everyone.

This really looks like something unfinished or an intention that was changed perhaps.
It could also be some informative comments, but doesn’t look like that considering the section it is within

None of the ST looks difficult, just to to x-ref the end points
But for the most, it looks like they copying manual commands/resets at a ‘global’ level for simplicity

Try & expand out configurations & setup, you should be able to get an idea of the io structures etc

Here is the configuration expanded a bit.

Config 1.jpg Config 2.jpg Config 3.jpg

I am unable to share the file due to its size here but I can post some print screens.
Anyone familar with structured text please feel free to comment and give any advice that will help me start making since of how this works.
Ladder is ver easy to comprehend compared to this but I am sure once the layout of the structured text becomes more obvious it will start to make since as well.
This print screen is starting from the top under Programs > General.

I am able to follow the IF, Then, Else, etc.
It is similar to programing Seimins Logo using FB except this is using text.
But wrapping my head around how it all fits together and makes any since is a challenge at the moment.

The EC_Reset is a in-built function, similar to a timer etc
It is issuing an automatic reset to the etherCAT network (if it wasn’t obvious..)

These types of instructions/functions are less intuitive (IMHO) when in ST compared to ladder/other text based languages.

This really looks like something unfinished or an intention that was changed perhaps.
It could also be some informative comments, but doesn’t look like that considering the section it is within

So is the green text always considered comments or will there be times the green text is actual part of the programing function?

The EC_Reset is a in-built function, similar to a timer etc
It is issuing an automatic reset to the etherCAT network (if it wasn’t obvious..)

These types of instructions/functions are less intuitive (IMHO) when in ST compared to ladder/other text based languages.

Thanks for the info, if there is something particular you want to see let me know.

That’s it.!
If you continue to expand out each node/device, it will show the io data for that device. (Similar to what the AOP in logix does when a Ethernet device is created..)
In there, it gives the ability to assign global variables to the io objects/attributes for program usage (but this should already be done for most of the IO)

Re the bugs, have you got an idea on what they are?
We can easily work through some of that once we get the source code.
Is there a HMI/SCADA or similar .? .