Omron Pro in Seattle

You have found the ethercat devices etc, you probably will also have ethernet/ip devices. Go to tools > Ethernet/IP Connection settings then look at the ethernet adaptors. In this page you can see target devices/tag sets etc.
Ethercat and ethernet are different. Cables and media look the same however they are isolated networks. Ethercat does not use ip addresses, so for diagnostics you cannot plug a pc into the network and ping etc.

Yes you were right, that did help me start to understand the structure a bit better.

N[2].U[12].o[0]

N[2] would be Node 2 which a EtherCat Coupler on a RIO rack

U[12] would be an an output module in slot 12 in that RIO rack

o[0] would be output 0 on that 8 point output module.

LBM2.jpg

You have found the ethercat devices etc, you probably will also have ethernet/ip devices. Go to tools > Ethernet/IP Connection settings then look at the ethernet adaptors. In this page you can see target devices/tag sets etc.
Ethercat and ethernet are different. Cables and media look the same however they are isolated networks. Ethercat does not use ip addresses, so for diagnostics you cannot plug a pc into the network and ping etc.

Ok thanks for the info, I will have a look.

Re the bugs, have you got an idea on what they are?
We can easily work through some of that once we get the source code.
Is there a HMI/SCADA or similar .? .

There is a 12 inch HMI at the upper level of the elevator and 2 more along the conveyor lines near the palletizer/wrapper.
I will do my best to get this file to you tomorrow.

The elevator does not want to work correctly in auto. If you reset everything you can get it to move one time in auto, then it will just sit at that floor until you reset everything again.
It is supposed to bring itself to the upper deck when not in use or no pallets are queued on any lower deck. That way it is not sitting in the freezer hold while waiting for long periods of time. But it is doing exactly the opposite. it goes all the way down past the pallet conveyor on the lower deck and sits on the floor until you either reset everything and call it back in auto or you switch out of auto and go to manual.

I really have not look into it at all yet, just going by what the factory techs has said. I was not out with them for the trial runs fishing off the coast of Washington state. But I heard it did not go so well. The vendor programmer was with them then trying to get it all lined up. But he will not be returning, so if they do not find anyone else this will land square in my lap to make it work.
Not sweating it yet, we still have a whole week yet before we leave. :)

I have to hit the rack for tonight. 5am comes awful early and tomorrow will be a new day.
I will set aside my other work tomorrow and spend the day troubleshooting the elevator. I am sure I will have lots of questions once I get to digging into it online.

Thank you all so much for your assistance. Talk with you tomorrow.
Have a good night.

Yes you were right, that did help me start to understand the structure a bit better.

N[2].U[12].o[0]

N[2] would be Node 2 which a EtherCat Coupler on a RIO rack

U[12] would be an an output module in slot 12 in that RIO rack

o[0] would be output 0 on that 8 point output module.
This analogy makes sense, although is not shown on your screenshot.
If you expand out each IO module, the assignments should be seen.
I suspect there some mapping/unions going on somewhere as attributes cannot be used in the IO map

This was the code I was looking when I referenced the above.

Also I got IT to open our email server permissions up and emailed you the program file this morning.

Thanks

LBM1.jpg

Also I got IT to open our email server permissions up and emailed you the program file this morning.

Thanks

Mass setting the .Auto attribute
Pulsing if not in operation

From what you have shared so far, the ST is not your issue

Thanks

This reads as:
If load elevator is in operation and in auto then pilot lights are steady on
if load elevator is in operation and NOT in auto, pilot lights are flashing at 1 second interval
if load elevator is not in operation pilot lights are off.

P_On is the always true bit in the PLC (When running), there is a corresponding P_Off bit.

The Get1sClk is just a function that returns a pulsing bit that flip flops every second.

The programmer for the vendor appeared back on the grid today. He remoted in and has supposedly found the bugs and corrected them.
We were not able to fully test due to backloading supplies onto the ship today, so we have pallets of material siting on all the conveyors.

I still need to learn the Omron platform and ST, but at least I do not have to learn it in the next couple of days now.

Thanks for the input guys, as things slow down a bit I will dig back in and I am sure I will have questions.