Operator Interfaces

Tim,

I've not done CANopen but usually the Rebind is accompanied with a prompt for you to pick one of the of the following:
  • Update address and keep name on object
  • Update name and keep address on object
Which did you pick?

Was this during an import of the tag list? I know at this point you are frustrated but I would still like to help you here.

nOrM

ArikBY: An update on the Red Lion G3 displays as you requested.

We received a 10" model and installed it on a piece of equipment (to replace an old faulty PanelMate unit). Overall it has worked well.

The units support programming (using a language similar to C) to handle any requirements that aren't supported by the built-in functions. The built-in data logging functionality is limited, but they have recently added direct read/write support for the CompactFlash card, so they are suitable for data-logging applications if you're willing to do a little programming.

I have heard some people complain about the software (Crimson). I agree that it is quite different than other systems (like A-D), but I didn't have any trouble adapting to it. My only major gripe is the documentation - it's fairly sparse. They update the software fairly often but the PDF manual hasn't been updated for some time. As a result, a lot of the functions aren't documented. However, the free tech support is pretty good and they have been able to answer all of my questions.

I'm planning to order another for my next project. :)

-John

i have had luck with RED-LION VX-500 series About$2000.00.
used the edict-97 software from red-lion and programmed three HMI's with multiple screens 2 of them control corrugator singlefacers and the third one is the control for a gray water treatment system.

i do know this might be a little late for your application but maybe others can use it. :rolleyes:

John

Thanks for the reply.

I got one for test and I had no time to play with( too much work this days)
I going to use it with their closed loop units and PLC.
The unit G3 have a lot of communication option which I going to use.
Thanks again.

mizpah said:
i have had luck with RED-LION VX-500 series About$2000.00.
used the edict-97 software from red-lion and programmed three HMI's with multiple screens 2 of them control corrugator singlefacers and the third one is the control for a gray water treatment system.

i do know this might be a little late for your application but maybe others can use it. :rolleyes:

For me, $2000 is just too much for a touch panel. My boss is griping about $800.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

I had Maple units at the tire plant, probably over a 100 of them. I liked the way they loooked, and they held up well in the environment. They worked okay, but comments earlier in the post pretty much have said it all. I didn't have much programming, mostly just changes. OVERALL, they were okay, NOT neccessarily great in every respect.

I have used a lot of TCP's. I like them, and didn't have any difficulty (READ "mininum time RTFB") As earlier mentioned, kinda pricy.

I like what I get to do (Other People's Money). While price is generally not my concern, I try to stay away from AB plc's and PanelView.

The AD displays aren't too bad either.

I am waiting for Entertron to come out with displays and interfaces for other brands of plc's.

regards.....casey

Last edited: