OT. I've been infected....with Winfixer

After...

rsdoran said:
Mike if that is the case just put the old drive in and set it as master, have your XP CD ready to re-install if needed. MAKE SURE you DO NOT use a RESTORE CD.
After that if everything is working with the old drive, just format your new drive... and then your in business...

Ok so back to plan A, maybe...

The "kid" figured out that it wasnt the CD but some registry problem with WinXP sp2 & MS Office. Since a number of CDs were showing the same error on install I told him to go and google for the error. He found a solution and got it installed... However I'm still gonna try using my current drive just to see.

I'm perplexed that MicroSoft would let this happen???

That's the latest..

Johnny T said:
Gerry

All email clients use someone's server to relay the mail. That's why you don't need to be online all the time to receive email,they are stored on a server somewhere. Hence the pop3 and smtp addresses you enter (pop3 the 'inbox' address of the server thats storing your mail, smtp the address of the server that's sending your mail).
I repeat: Incredimail is not an email client. An email client accesses your pop3/smtp server directly - usually part of your ISP. The Incredimail program sends a request to an Incredimail server, which then accesses your pop3 account at your ISP and then relays mail to the "inbox" on your computer. Likewise, sending mail goes to their server and then is relayed to your smtp account at your ISP. Don't take my word for it - research it yourself.

I also used Incredimail for a time, until one day it stopped working and told me I must upgrade to a new version. That's when I found out the above info and more.