PLC communication to ABB robots using ethernet

jyax82

Has anyone used ethernetIP to communicate with an ABB robot? If so what hardware was required on the robot end. I have a Compactlogix PLC.

Thanks

Yes I amusing a regular 6 axis robot. However the DSQC 699 card wont install into my robot, the controllers computer wont accept the DSQC 669. Can I use the regular LAN port instead? Thanks for the info.

Are you using an IRC5 controller??

Found that the DSQC 669 can only be used with the computer DSQC 639.

Maybe your computer is not compatible.

You CANNOT use the lan port, you need a special field bus adapter card in the IRC5.

Good Luck.

Yes it is an IRC5, I found the manual for the DSQC 669 and it will not install in my computer. Thanks for all your help, looks like we will be moving on to plan B.