Powerflex SV to FV

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a question regarding converting control from SV to FV.

I have a rather dynamic loading system on these drives and was wondering if switching from SV to FV control mode would help not only manage system torque but have better cotnrol over the DC bus, even without an encoder for FV.

I realize my PLC will have some code changes to switch to/from speed / torque control modes but what also would be required on the VFD side?

This may be more in depth than a forum post can handle. If that's the case just say so :) . Working on this with TechConnect as well but wanted some knowledge from here (tends to be more useful).

Similar Topics

Hello, I am currently in the final week of my internship and I have encountered issues with communication between a PowerFlex 700 variable...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have above mentioned VFD which is communicating to my control logix(L62) plc using devicenet DNB scanner(plc side) and 20-comm-D card...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently having issued with a PowerFlex 252. It was working fine last week, and suddenly decided to stop working. When I go into...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with understanding how to set/change these data types. We recently swapped from Invertek to AB drives...
Replies
Views
All, I have a PowerFlex 525 driving an agitator motor. The goal is to have the agitator start automatically after a power loss or a comm loss. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom