Proagent runtime license transfer

dave_d

Anyone know how to get a proagent runtime license off of an MP370 running a protool application, and transfer it to the replacement MP370?

In general, does anyone use Proagent/pdiag, and what are your opinions?

I have proagent/pdiag on a couple pieces of equipment which have Graph blocks. I'm sure it sped the OEM's work on the machines, but in an operational/maintenance environment, I've found dealing with the programming software challenging. When it works it's fine, when it has issues, well, let's just say I'm an 'enthusiastic' complainer.

thanks -dave

Where are you located?

I know you use Protool but have you tried connecting with Automation License Manager and transfering the key from panel to PC?

In protool choose the menu file then download and then authorize. You can now transfer the license to your yellow floppy disk that originally contained the license.

Thanks Bratt,

Your information was just what I needed. JRW, I was looking in the license manager and this is not where this authorization is managed that's what threw me. I'm in Virginia, US.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I have been out of the plant.

It seems Proagent is not used very much. I have not seen much discussion about it on the boards. I am an end user. I think proagent/pdiag is intended for OEMs where justification can be made to learn another system (over and above the standard control system e.g., Simatic Manager and all its utilities/editors) to save time in developing the machine's diagnostics (that's why one of our vendors used it). Perhaps OEMs find that by the time one learns proagent/pdiag, a more custom and specific home-grown solution can be developed. (?)

-dave

Its seems like its mostly used in the automotive business and many of the big German dragons are using it since its a part of Siemens transline that some of the biggest automotive manufactures demand that you use.

Used correctly i think it gives great diagnostics and it minimizes the risk of missed alarms. But it adds overhead to your programs and increases compilations times.