Recommendation needed

40mpg

Hello all,

I am looking for a recommendation for a device to monitor and record pressure. This is just an investigation, I feel that there must be a cheap solution to do this without needing a full blown PLC with HMI.

My client wants to install a pressure transducer (4-20) into a pipe and have a system records the reading every minute.

Have anyone worked on or deployed such a system? to record one data point without the need for a full PLC and HMI?

I was thinking products like this : https://www.sensorsone.com/33x-high-accuracy-digital-output-pressure-sensor/

Last edited:
I used a Raspberry Pi 3 along with dmroeder's pylogix to record data each time it changed on some vibratory welders but you still need a PLC... You could do it with LinuxCNC and an analog to digital converter. We have a torch height analog to digital converter that sends a pulse stream into LinuxCNC and using an encoder module to convert that to velocity then convert that to volts.

JT