RSLogix 5000 - Capturing a value in a relative time and moving into a placeholder tag

DenZ_P

Hello PLC Experts,

I want to do a logic where in an analog value will be captured per second or in any time possible and move that value into a placeholder tag when an enabled bit is energized. Its like getting sample value.

Example: You have a variable flowrate/Level. Then you have an enable bit that when it is energized it will get the flowrate/level at that moment and then move it into a place holder tag.

What instruction should i use? how do i do this? thanks! ;)

What is your goal for doing so ? It won't be an average or filtered value, just an instantaneous capture of the value reported at the moment in time when the trigger is examined.

It's pretty straightforward: you need a triggering bit, and a One-Shot (ONS) instruction, and a MOV or COP instruction

Analog_Snapshot.PNG

What is your goal for doing so ? It won't be an average or filtered value, just an instantaneous capture of the value reported at the moment in time when the trigger is examined.

It's pretty straightforward: you need a triggering bit, and a One-Shot (ONS) instruction, and a MOV or COP instruction

Hello Ken Roach thank you for your quick response! So the scenario is that we have a continuous liquid production machine. This gives out totalized value continuously.

At a certain step it will go to drain for draining of the product. At this moment totalized value is still continuous. So i have Total Value incrementing. The goal is during the step that it is draining, i want to capture that value and then start counting totalizer at that certain step. Does this make sense??