FactoryTalk View Legacy Conversion Tool Help

CJlikesCHAIRS

Hi, I have a new PanelView Plus 1000 that I am using to replace an old Panelview Plus (pre v6, I'm not sure exactly what version). I have a clone on my computer that is 32 bit. We are not changing anything with the system, just replacing the HMI. Most likely flashing the PV+ but I haven't gotten that far yet..

On this clone, I moved the archive file over there and try to restore it so I can run the conversion tool. It then tells me I can't open it and gives me this pop up:

"Unable to restore the application XXX from XXX.
Please check that:
there is sufficient disk space
the application is not open elsewhere
the destination application does not already exist"

I know I have disk space (at least 20gb), I don't have the application open on my computer or the clone, and I just moved it to my clone, so I don't know how it could exist already.

If anyone has run into this problem before can you share some insight? Do I need to find a separate 32 bit computer?

Thanks in advance,
CJ

Thought I got it to work, but no luck. I even uninstalled and reinstalled everything Rockwell to see if it would work. I'm out of ideas with this.