MELSEC A1N-CPU and MEDOC need some help!

Jim.M

Hi,

I didnt thought i would come across an A1N CPU in my life. But now i have and it is as i thought programmed in MEDOC 2.4.šŸ™ƒ

Is it possible to program this CPU with GC IEC DEVLELOPER 7.04.
I need to convert the MEDOC PLC program to Developer..

And im a bit unsure about the programming cable.. its an SC-05N cable?

Help is apriciated.

I am not sure about IEC Developer but in plain GX Developer there are two ways to import a Medoc programme. For most programmes the simple "import from Melsec Medoc format file" will work but on more complex projects it is sometimes necessary to use Medoc to print to a file and then "import from Melsec Medoc format file (printout)". If this is necessary Medoc will run in a dos box on windows at least up to XP (I have not tried it on a later version) and the only problems tend to be with comms. Using the print functions should not be a problem. In the UK the required cable is an SC-09 but this looks the same as your SC-05N so it could be the same thing.

Thanks for info: I managed to convert the progra into IEC GX Dev.. Via Print..
No I need to convert it to Ladder.. hmm.. Cant find GX Converter any where.. :(

With GX Developer (not IEC) you can connect directly to the cpu (with SC09) and upload the program in ladder.
I don't know if IEC can do that too as I don't have it)

Ahh so i can upload program in ladder.. thats new info.. I can try.. I can make it a try.. Would save some time instead of re writing this whole thing :)

Is GX Developer free these days?

A harware question about A1N CPU... I have a spare CPU... but does A1N need a rack to work? I have a spare CPU and it get power but no CPU in RUN.. cant connect to it.. I suspect that i need the back plane?

GX developer is about Ā£700 - or Ā£800 with SC09 cable.

I would have thought you should be able to communicate with the A1N without the back plane as it has it's own power supply....... but I don't think I have ever done that.

Got it to Work wonderful!!

.. SC-05N cable works with serial to USB converter and A1N CPU..

Thanks for all help