s7-1200 GET block stopped working when download with v14

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I have a problem with a GET instruction in a s7-1200 communicating with another s7-1200. It all worked fine until yesterday. I made some changes in the logic and then downloaded it, it stated that since I have the new TIA portal v14 it would redownload the datablocks again in v14 style. After this the communication got error.

It constantly change between error code 25 (job proocessing) and 8 (access error on the partner CPU).

How can there be access error when I just 30seconds ago recieved information fine. I thought it had something to do with the datablock so I downloaded the program to the other CPU aswell to have both datablock be v14. This didn't work either.

I was in a hurry so I left the communication down for the weekend.

Anyone came accross this? It seems strange that the GET block would have error code 8 when I haven't done anything with the partner CPU.

/Tim

There is a setting that allows PUT/GET for DB's - is this still checked? (No access to TIA at present so I can't post a screen shot)

Did you powercycle CPU?
At least have noticed that IM151-8 CPU won't allways start communicate with PUT/GET (on old Step7) after loading blocks or changing parameters, unless you cycle power, put cpu stop and start or load hardware from configure network view (which makes stop /start to CPU)
Not remember which error code IM151-8 gives, put communication don't work before stopping CPU, after that there is no problem.

There is a setting that allows PUT/GET for DB's - is this still checked? (No access to TIA at present so I can't post a screen shot)

Do you mean in the properties of the CPU? If so, yes the CPU has no protection and permits access with PUT and GET.

Did you powercycle CPU?
At least have noticed that IM151-8 CPU won't allways start communicate with PUT/GET (on old Step7) after loading blocks or changing parameters, unless you cycle power, put cpu stop and start or load hardware from configure network view (which makes stop /start to CPU)
Not remember which error code IM151-8 gives, put communication don't work before stopping CPU, after that there is no problem.

Yes, I power cycled it and still the same afterwards.

Did you download the HW config? The connections are there, so, if you upgraded the software but not the HW, it could be it...

Did you download the HW config? The connections are there, so, if you upgraded the software but not the HW, it could be it...

I'm pretty sure I downloaded both software and hardware when I tried getting it to work again. I will try it again for sure

How do you call the Put/Get blocks?
If you don't wait for DONE or ERROR of the block before triggering a new request (e.g. triggering with a fixed 1s pulse), then the communication sometimes hangs up. We've had this problem in the german plc forum some time ago where this was the problem, but I don't remember what type of S7 plcs where involved.

There is a new firmware for use with V14 (4.2 if I remember correctly), did you update your CPU's? Might be worth a shot.

Check the comms configuration in the get instruction. I upgraded 4 PLC's with get instructions to v14, and 2 of them lost those settings. Might be worth checking

How do you call the Put/Get blocks?
If you don't wait for DONE or ERROR of the block before triggering a new request (e.g. triggering with a fixed 1s pulse), then the communication sometimes hangs up. We've had this problem in the german plc forum some time ago where this was the problem, but I don't remember what type of S7 plcs where involved.

I call it at startup and then at done and error. The programming have worked before so I'm sure the logic is correct.

There is a new firmware for use with V14 (4.2 if I remember correctly), did you update your CPU's? Might be worth a shot.

The CPU is firmware 2.2 (the higherst v2 revision) and that can't be upgraded to v3 or v4 unfortunally.

Check the comms configuration in the get instruction. I upgraded 4 PLC's with get instructions to v14, and 2 of them lost those settings. Might be worth checking

It hasn't changed "unfortunally" ;)