Simatic manager - unused variables

naturephoenix

Hello,

The way I'm making my program inside SIMATIC MANAGER is that I take someone else's project.

IN that way on the end I have quite a lot of unused SCLs, TIMERS,BOOLS,INTs and even DBs, FCs, FBs.

What the best way to remove all them from project once I have finish my project.

I'd say that you are modifying someone's program and not necessarily making it.

SCL's, DB's, FC's and FB's are program files. An SCL source code file can create, when compiled, several FC, FB and DB blocks. So I'd look into the SCL files and check which of the FC/FB/DB are created by it and start by deleting those (if not needed).

Then to delete what you call BOOLs and INTs, I'd go to the Program folder and open the Symbol List. In there, the BOOL's and INT's are defined with a symbolic name that you can delete.

Normally, by deleting DB's, there will be a window popping up asking you if you also want to delete the symbolic information. If you do that, you don't have to go to the Symbol List apart for Symbols related to memory bits, timers, counters, structs, etc...

Edit: I assume, obviously, that you have a backup copy of the program before you start deleting things so that you can revert back to it if you delete something you shouldn't have.

Two of my biggest customers requires that all unused components be deleted out of the program before they'll accept it (they provide a template that has everything and the unused stuff is to be deleted). I use a combination of the Block Consistency Check and the Cross Reference for Unused Symbols to delete the unused and that has satisfied them.

Little add-on to Mr. Cardosocea. Are you referring to the symbols? Or the actual blocks/bits n bytes?

Everything in your blocks folder will be downloaded, if you have declared symbols for non existing objects, these do not take any space. However, I would certainly delete them for clarity.