avanloon

Hi there,
A few mounth ago I started to fool around with the siemens S5,
starting installing the software.
Happends that I installed a Key for S5 Graph5. But the software itself
Graph5 II V7.x was not yet installed.
Now I'm having trouble to get the authorisation file removed in order
to install the key propperly.
Does anywane know how to remove a S5 graph5 key??

Removing an S5 key is the same as installing it, only the direction has to be changed: from harddisk to floppy instead of the other way around. But beware: the destination floppy has to be a (specially formatted) keydisk, so best use the original diskette.

Kind regards,

Remove S5-key

Dear jvdcande,

I'm aware of that functionallity, the problem thow is that the previous installed key is of a kind that is obtained 'unofficially'.

There's no disk avialable to transfer it to.
Even when I try to transfer the 'unofficial' key to a genuine red disk from simatic, it will not be accepted.

So I have a genuine key that will not transfer until the ungenuine one is removed.

How can one remove the key without disk?

Thanks for your efforts,

Alex

Siemens software keys are stored in a hidden folder, the name of the folder is 'Ax nf zz', set your folder options to 'show all files' and then open this folder up and you should be able to delete your 'unofficial' key, providing you know the name of it.

If this is the only key in that folder, you could simply delete the whole folder and Authors will make a new one for you when you transfer your official key.

Paul

That what happens when you use "SIEMENSZ" and write 10 million licenses , same thing happens if you use cracked .DLL's . As posted , delete the license folder and reinstal the genuine licenses - you might be a bit stuffed however if you do have any genuine licenses .

OK. If you're looking for the key for Graph5, the keyfiles you need to delete should be called A1S5GR??.ekb and A1S5GR??.hrd. I'm not 100% sure about the names, but I've derived them from the various keys I have installed here.

Normally, if you delete only these two you shouldn't have to worry about the other, official, keys. If you want to be sure, simply move them to another directory and check out first. If they are not the right ones you can simply move them back.

Kind regards,

'Ax nf zz'

Thanks everybody,

I removed the Graph5II key and installed the genuine key.
The tip to look in folder'Ax nf zz'(hidden one) did the trick.

Thanks again...Alex :D