S7 - Incorrect entries in X-Reference List

RMA

This has happened to me before, but I always assumed that I just hadn't stored an FC or FB after editing it or that I was imagining things.

This time I'm sure!

In the course of consolidating as many of my Merker Flags into my general signal DB as possible, I moved about 25 signals this afternoon. Now when I try to use X-Reference to see if there are any entries that I've missed, all but two of the signals still show up as Merker and of the two that show up in the DB, only one shows it's associated symbol.

I've updated the screen using F5, I've even completely shut down STEP7 and re-opened the project. It doesn't matter what I do, X-Reference still shows the wrong data. The changes I made to the program, however, still show the new DB-based entries.

Anybody got any ideas what the problem might be and how to cure it?

I haven't seen this before, but there are three things I can think of that you can try:

1. Reorganize the project (File>Reorganize).

2. Recompile the project (Blocks>Check Block Consistency)

3. Zip the project, retrieve it under a different name, delete all of the blocks, and look at the reference data again (it should be empty, I hope). Copy all of your blocks back in from the other project and regenerate the reference data.

Like I say, I haven't seen wrong entries before, but maybe one of those steps will straighten things out.

Hi Guys,

Reorganising the project didn't help, but right click on the "Blocks" sub-directory brought up the options "Delete -" and "Regenerate - X-Ref" and after that things were OK again.

Thanks, didn't know about that option before.