Sercos Motion Problem

Mick76

Guys
I am wondering if you can help me,
I am trying to diagnose a problem i have with Sercos with controlLogix.
I have configured an Ultra 3000 drive on sercos, wiring has been checked and double checked and there is no problem with the io config either.
I keep getting a sercos module green flashing status light on both the module and the drive, everything else is solid green with no apparrent faults.
I know that green flashing means that the drive is ok but not enable, the thing is i am enabling the drive.
I know your going to say check the pin out of the CN1 cable, but it is getting the signal,i did loop check it and measured the voltage at the 45 pin connection end.
The logic light on the drive is active and cycles thru 0-4 as it should but the status remains on 4 any idea what this means.

The logic i am using is the same for a setup identical and works fine and i get no other diagnostics except the flashing green status light.

when I enable and set an MSO instruction an error bit is set.
If anyone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.
Mick

I'm not familiar with this drive... but...

You swear that you are enabling the drive, but you have...

Flashing Green = "OK, but not enabled"

Could it be that somewhere in the drive-configuration you have the drive set to monitor the status of some external condition?

Some drives have an "Inhibit" signal. This signal is usually Low-True. That is, if the signal is missing, the drive invokes "Inhibit". In this case, the drive might still be OK, but will not be Enabled.

You might also want to do an item-by-item compare between the drive configurations.

The logic light on the drive is active and cycles thru 0-4 as it should but the status remains on 4 any idea what this means.

I don't get what you are saying here... it cycles through 0 to 4 and yet you say it remains on 4 ??? How can it cycle and remain static at the same time? Are you saying that, on power-up, the drive cycles through 0 to 4 then remains on 4?

In any case, you have to get your hands on the manual to see what the hell "4" means!

in your program, you have to do a MSO command to turn it on. Let me know how ya like the Control with the Ultra 3000 SERCOS. Im using the exact setup right now and I find it really buggy.

oh yeah, having it sit on 4 is a good thing. I dont know what the manual will say about it, but it means it detects no faults anywhere, and your good to go.

good luck

steve