Unmanned Offshore Platform ESD

svn

To replace the pneumatic/hydraulic ESD/FSD panels on unmanned oil/gas well platforms with PLC based system which SIL level (as per IEC61508) is normally sufficient? These platforms have 8 t0 14 wellheads, test separator and other utility systems. The Oil/Gas is sent to manned Process Platform Complex for processing.

After searching on the net I found that some system integrators have used AB Controllogix redundant system, some have used GE Fanuc Series 90-30 based redundant system and some have used Triconex TMR systems.

As far as I know, Controllogix can be used upto SIL2 Level. GE Fanuc GMR system (which can be used upto SIL3) is based on Series 90-70 and not 90-30. Does this mean that SIL2 is sufficient for these system?
SVN

I'm not sure about the sil level but,
I'll Take a Triplex over a Triconex anyday.