Kepware write array

averellen

If anyone has an example of writing an array through the AB driver using kepware I would forever be gratefull.
I have 4 lookup tables with 30 strings in each, each one starting at a loction multiple of 5. First I tried ST file, but ran out of space before I even got started. Figured I could do a search in an ASCII file for what I need. But I also want an operator to be able to update the tables via VB app on their desktop. To assign a tag for each ASCII file would be suicide.
Be easy to build the array and dump it into the correct table.
Reading an array was easy. Writing has been a pain.

Hopefully I'm being clear in my thinking.

Edit.... I'm am using VB6

Adam

Last edited:
I think I might have it figured out. Kepware, or I guess any OPC server will let you pull a string value from an ASCII table. So anyway my tag just pulls all the data in the ASCII Table with a serperator. When the client app makes the change I would send in the data with the same seperators.

Tag looks like A231:0/256

Adam