Tek-Supply

Arik, I have not purchased any equipment from Tek-Supply, but it looks like a reconditioned type re-sale company. That is not to say there are not really good deals to be had. You may also want to check out http://www.sterlingservices.com/. This company is just south of where I live in North Carolina and I am currently arranging to swap my old 1771 I/O stuff for some SLC500 parts.

Also, since you put in your signature that you would like corrections on your English:

[Did someone made any business with them before.?] Would sound better if you were to say "Has anyone purchased from this company before?"

[Their prices are significant cheaper then my rep in Israel and my rep in US.] Would be better to use the word significantly than just significant.

However, please understand that I do not speak any language other than English and at times that is a debatable statement. Just ask Paul Lucas. I think you do quite well, as do most of the members here that are from places around the world. Sure makes me wish we had a requirement for a foreign language in our elementary schools.

Only in a pinch do we used reconditioned/used components on new projects. (later to be changed out for new). Reason: The customer is paying for new..so he gets new. Fortunatly I stumbled on a few pallets of AD stuff from a defunct busniess...I'm still using that.

We maintain quite a few projects with GE-series one. I purchased a lot of Series Ones from E-bay, tested them, and placed them in stock for replacment parts only. We simply tossed out the rejects.

If your customer dosent care, (or dosnt know), what's the difference? My feeling is that he should know, and offered an approperate discount.

Another point to consider when using reconditioned parts is that quite often the reconditioned parts are older revision levels. Sometimes old versions of one component may be incompatible with new versions of another component in your system. Also, older versions may not have all of the features you're accustomed to using.

Even though the reconditioned parts may carry a warranty, it's still caveat emptor.

randylud

Thanks for the correction,I will try not to repeat this mistake again.

I definitely do no intend to buy reconditioned parts.
Only brand new.
This customer will hang me on the hishest tree if I even suggest him OLD PARTS.This line is too inportant to play games (20000 buns per hour)
If its new with factory seal,why not?

Arik, check the home page of Tek Supply. There you'll find that they state the parts are used/reconditioned.

I recently purchased 6 new in the box (un opened) AD-240 CPUs with current firmware for $50.00 each. Are they new??? Yes, but I'm sure the warranty is long expired, so I have acceped the sole risk & responsability for replacement if they fail.

I have used the people in Ron's link many, many times. With a lot of the AB stuff they offer three levels:

New in original package
New without original packaging
and used/refurbished.

Pricing is usually about 30, 40 & 50% of list.

Since I am usually buying for in house use, I buy the refurbished stuff, it is usually a couple of firmware revisons older than current, but I have never had a DOA either.

The biggest problem with buying older/refurbished stuff, is that often the capacitors have started to dry out. It usually does not show up in testing but does in a relatively short space of time.

Yes!! I have been caught out.