programming help

dcharate

i m using rs logix 500
i have probs with subroutine
first instruction in subroutine get executed without beign called
& can i unlatch output in main program when it is latched in subroutine if no what can i do to unlatch them

can u explain how to use sequencer inst. what is its importance?

dcharate sent this to me in a PM
hi i m working on mocrologix 1200 with rs logix 500

plz help me with subroutine
first instruction in subroutine get executed without being called
how to unlatch an output which is latched in subroutine
also can u give me sample program for conveyors with interlocks

Post your code and I am sure someone can help you out.

Thanks,
Bob O.

jvdcande,

I think he pick the wrong Bob to PM for advice but I'll take it.

Bob O.

I have never seen a subroutine that executed when it isn't called.
However if you called a subroutine, latched some bits and then no longer call the subroutine, the bits will remain latched. Conditional subroutines are tricky, and I wouldn't recommend them for someone just starting out.
Post your code and someone will help you out.

that depends upon how you are calling JSR
if it is directed to powerline then first JSr will run and excute therung provde the condition.

sandymax

Open the Xref and scroll down to the bottom.
The references to "U:x" are jumps to subroutines, where "x" is the file number.

Also check if S:29 "Fault Routine", S:31 "Selectable Timed interrupt file" or S:46 "Digital Input Interrup file" is set to the file number in question.

There is also the rare chance that the file is called with indirect addressing. Search globally for "JSR" and "SBR".

Don't mean to be negative, but...

JesperMP said:
Open the Xref and scroll down to the bottom.
The references to "U:x" are jumps to subroutines, where "x" is the file number.

Also check if S:29 "Fault Routine", S:31 "Selectable Timed interrupt file" or S:46 "Digital Input Interrup file" is set to the file number in question.

There is also the rare chance that the file is called with indirect addressing. Search globally for "JSR" and "SBR".
If dcharate can not program a simple application i.e.
dcharate said:
also can u give me sample program for conveyors with interlocks
How could we expect him to understand that...
dcharate we need to see your code to help you...
:rolleyes: