LM90 under my skin!

rocket1010

This is really more of a pain in the .... than a problem but its making me mad! Anytime I search or back out of a screen in this ridiculous "software" (using the term loosly here), my PC makes a beep or screech noice so loud that people down the hall are coming to see if everything is ok! Please help me turn this off some how before the next sound they here is me beating my head against the wall.

Thanks in advance

Thank but already did that, nothing! I noticed that when run in a window alt-enter, it doesn't make a peep. Seems like the full screen mode kicks xp into thinking DOS is there and in command?

Don't care anymore, I'll just run it in a window, I was close to ripping the speakers out of my laptop though!

Thanks

If you get familiar with the keystroke entries, such as &sub for subtract you can program with LM90 faster than most windows based programs.
Beg your pardon? The windows based software I normally use has about 100 instructions that can be keystroke allocated. You set it up the way you want it to work not how the software developer has locked it in. For example, F2 insert N/O contact - type in the number (or symbol) - hit enter and all over. F2 - N/C, F6 N/O output - F7 - N/c output etc etc.

My apologies, you did say MOST windows based software.

I found LM90 pretty slow and clunky quite frankly. Still use it from time to time.

BobB said:
Beg your pardon? The windows based software I normally use has about 100 instructions that can be keystroke allocated. You set it up the way you want it to work not how the software developer has locked it in. For example, F2 insert N/O contact - type in the number (or symbol) - hit enter and all over. F2 - N/C, F6 N/O output - F7 - N/c output etc etc.

My apologies, you did say MOST windows based software.

I found LM90 pretty slow and clunky quite frankly. Still use it from time to time.

I used LM90 90% of the time for 8 years and could maneuver very quickly with only a couple of keystrokes. Getting to that point took some time as most of it could only be found on the horrible help screens and the reference manuals. I did like Mitsubishi's windows conversion as the keystrokes all carried over but they removed the ability of switching to comments only, picking a comment, and going back to the logic at the point of that comment.

Ahh. the old days, for the last few of years it's been mostly Siemens with a sprinkling of AB and some odd lesser known stuff.