SEW Movitrac7 Inverter using Profibus

RheinhardtP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have recently integrated a Movitrac7 Inverter drive with a S7-300 CPU using profibus,i use a SEW UFP profibus interface unit, the sub-system for the inverters run on what SEW call S-Bus and this configuration is done using Movitools Ver 4.

Problem :

Even though the enable/stop command and setpoints are given over the profibus, i still had to connect +24VDc to terminal DI01 CW/Stop to get the Inverter to enable.

The inverter feedback also interfaces via the S-Bus

Is there any paramater that i can set to not have to wire this input, i know u cannot change the function paramater for this.

Can anyone help??

Regards

Rheinhardt

We used this system in the past. Then we also wired the input. With control techniques I could invert the enable input with parameters. Maybe this is also possible with SEW?

NO Paramater change

Well, there is no paramater and they say in the documentation that this is factory set and fixed, you can change the function of terminal inputs DI02-->DI05 but not DI01.

It's a bit silly because in my point of view when i do communicate via the profibus/s-bus method there should be no external wiring neccesary that doesn't go to the bus terminals??

Rheinhardt

What about the safety ? I do not know your application and environment but in machine automation you normally use at least an emergency stop relay or equivalent. Perhaps you could connect the enable input with a contact from that relay?

Just my opinion

Safety Issue

We have a contactor above the inverter which is interlocked with the safety system.
The pLC will through out all output cards, there is no crytical equipment as this is a dry powder conveyer line, does make sense though never thought of that.

Appreciate the input.

That particular input is the SAFETY ENABLE. You should use that to disable the drive in an E-Stop situation. This is by design and it is highly suggested that you use it.

David

Still I think it is stupid to have a profibus enable and a hardwire enable, even if this is needed for regular safety issues. We also disable the power to the drive and don't use the enable for "e-stop" functions. So this is a system property you don't want but still have to face with.

I hope you do realise that cutting the power away from a working servo drive is a bad practise?
What i recommand to do is that your E-stop controls the state of the hardware enable input and then an off delay emergency stop relay cuts away the power of the drive.
This way when the drive is running and an E-stop occures the motor will be forced to stop and when the motor is stopped the power will be taken away.

Movitrac Profibus S7 => help

I have to design an apllication with movitrac on profibus with S7.

I am looking for an example.

I need help......Thanks in advance....

DI01 is factory default to CW and you cannot change it. When u use fieldbus, all u have to do is link terminals 1 and 2. Terminal 1 is 24V. You control the drive via P870 Control word1. Then P871 is Speed. A +speed from S7 is CW and -speed is CCW. From memory if u need 1000rpm from the drive then need to send 5x1000 from S7 and vise versa.

BADR said:
I have to design an apllication with movitrac on profibus with S7.

I am looking for an example.

I need help......Thanks in advance....

Cheapest way is to use a UFP (SEW profibus gateway) module which can be used to communicate with up to 8 SEW drives. If u r using Movitrac B version then need to buy Interface slot for S-Bus. Profibus is connected to UFP and SEW drives daisy chained to it via S-Bus. UFP is a Profibus to S-Bus converter.