Siemens S5 EEPROM

mjisaacs

I recently made a change to a customer PLC (to fix an OEM mistake). The change was necessary, but I had to leave them running on prog in RAM. I need to "burn" (or, as Siemens calls it "blow") the EEPROM with the new program, but I do not have a "prommer". Does anyone know anyone that can help me? I cannot trust that the customer will keep the batteries changed.

You can also burn the eeprom with the old 'brick' PG's as well if the customer has one of those knocking about. The eeprom will plug into the side of it.

Not sure if you have access to one of those?

Good hunting.

Cheers

JT :)

Johnny T said:
You can also burn the eeprom with the old 'brick' PG's as well if the customer has one of those knocking about. The eeprom will plug into the side of it.

Not sure if you have access to one of those?

Good hunting.

Cheers

JT :)
No, the customer does not have one. Can anyone out there help me?

we use a stand alone Prommer from Siemens in lieu of the siemens PG. The part number from Siemens is C79451-A3449-A11. It will do the flash cards and EEPROM's. The software for it depends on what you are using it for, I know that it will work for most siemens programming software.

Cable for external prommer C79451-A3449-A11

Hi,
I lost my cable for connect external prommer C79451-A3449-A11 with PC (parallel). Can I make this cable by myself and what is the connection ?
Thank you