siemens s5 5v eeprom module

loadedtoad

Hi
Can anyone tell me why some siemens s5 eeprom modules have 5v written on the outside of them.Im assuming the obvious that its a 5v programming voltage instead of 12.5v but why is it written on it if the programming paramters are set up automatically on a PG720 when you input the memory cards Type number.The user has no options as to the voltages used. The reason i ask is i used one of these 5v eeprom modules the other day and upon restarting my pg720 the next day the unit is giving me a post code of damaged memory /motherboard.Just a coincidence ?

Similar Topics

I did this once before but it was about 30 years ago I just tried it on a plc this morning and,when i fitted the eeprom and downloaded the...
Replies
Views
Hello, One of my colleagues were at a plant were we have two old Siemens 314s running on identical seperate processes. He did a minor...
Replies
Views
Hello. Could you please tell me what type of memory do I need to store the program for S5 PLCs: EPROM or EEPROM or both of them. Which memory...
Replies
Views
I recently made a change to a customer PLC (to fix an OEM mistake). The change was necessary, but I had to leave them running on prog in RAM. I...
Replies
Views
I've been asked to look into a Siemens S5 problem. The PLC seems to have lost its program and I have a copy on EEProm but I don't know if when I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom