rslinx driver

1747-pic

The 1747-PIC will only work with a physical 9-pin serial port and is not reliable on WindowsXP.
You will want to purchase a 1747-UIC. It is a USB to DH485 converter. It will use any of the common serial cables used for DH485 including: 1761-CBL-PM02, 2711-NC13 and 1747-CP3. It also supports RJ45 connections using a 1747-C13 cable.

I have went a couple of rounds with the PIC driver and have found the best way for me was to not run Linx as a service, set up all the drivers I will be using and configure any that will use the comm 1 port to only start manually. When I start Linx I "ok" any of the windows error messages for the PIC driver if that is the one I am going to use and if not I don't ok the 2 or 3 errors you will get and simply don't let it install. Then if you are going to use say the DF1-RS232 driver you will just have to go into Linx and start it.