Webinar, tuning.

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
If I gave a 1 hour webinar on tuning motion controllers, would anybody be interested? We have been using gotomeeting for a week now and it is cool. We have used it mainly for tech support so far. We have done tech support in South Korea this way. We are evaluating using gotomeeting for web training.

Gotomeeting requires a web browser and a telephone. You must only pay a long distance phone call to a conference number. I would have to e-mail the voluteer/test subjects the phone number and pass code which means you would need to provide me your e-mail address via PM. I was hoping that some of the regulars with high speed access would volunteer. I can't have many so I may have to be picky. I am hoping for about 5 people from the US & CA. I may try again with the down under bunch at another time. The problem is the difference in time zones. I am now hoping my PM in box doesn't over flow. At the end I would like comments. I will set a date sometime after thanksgiving.

During the presentation I would have a simulator or maybe a real hydraulic system that we will tune. You will be able to montor and possible see the equipment move. I have a web cam that view our hydraulic system. This will be a big experiment. It should be interesting.

I'd like to be in if I'm around. Depends on how close to Thanksgiving you are thinking. I will be in Ireland from Nov 26 through Dec 9.

If it is after this I would like to see this.

Thanks,
Keith

I'm interested, but primarily as a learning experience. I don't expect to be using any hydraulic motion controllers anytime soon. If there are others interested that are more likely to use hydraulic motion controllers in the near future, then I'll gladly give up a place at the table to them.

I don't have much use for the motion control aspect. But, if your presentation will include any PID tuning or other analog control techniques, I'm sure I could get a group of us to watch.

AK

I am not trying to sell anything, at least not now and not directly.

I am just going to test the technology and use teaching a little about tuning motion as the excuse. The tuning part will only be using the motion controller as a tool because it has a PID and graphs that you will be able to show over the internet. Also, I have the system to play with. The problem with using temperature for tuning examples is that temperature systems respond so slowly. That is why motion PIDs are a good place to start. Hopefully some of the participants will be able to tune the system over the internet. BTW, I will be stressing why feed forwards are so important.

Ron Beaufort should be interested in this because he teaches PID tuning and RSLogix has trends.

Peter,

I wasn't concerned about whether or not you're trying to sell hydraulic motion controllers. What I meant was that if you have to limit participation to 5 or 6 people, and somebody wants to participate who has a real application pending, then let that person in before me.

I would agree with Steve on this. I would only be doing this for my own personal edification. If anyone has a challenging hydraulic or other motion application coming up, make sure you say so. I'm sure Peter's presentation will be generic and informative enough that those who see it will be able to transport the knowledge to almost any platform. I would gladly bow out in favor of someone whop has a more pressing need.

Keith

I am definitely interested and may have an application in the near future that requires motion control but I am in school therefore the need is not pressing so if there is someone that needs it more I can wait for another one ...if you do it again.

Peter, I am also intersted, especially since it is hydraulic motion. About 75% of the work I do is with hydraulic equipment using Bosch and Moog servo valves.

I think I am getting what I need

Keith, I don't think I will wait that long. I was hoping to do the down under group separately because of the time zones differences. The rest of consider yourselves volunteered. I still need a few more because I am sure some will not be able to make the meeting.
Alaric hasn't indicated what time zone he is in. It will help me schedule. Most are in the Central and Eastern time zones.

Only Alan from down under? That is OK, another would be nice.

Don't worry about having an hydraulic application. That doesn't matter. Those that have hydraulic applications e-mail or PM me anyway and we have our motion controllers on-line for one on one sales. This works okay for sales and some tech support. It doesn't work for training many people at once. We have had a system that has been accessible through the internet for some time now. We just haven't advertised that fact because of safety reasons.

Peter Nachtwey said:
Only Alan from down under? That is OK, another would be nice.

I'm interested. But I'm confused about the access method. You said
Gotomeeting requires a web browser and a telephone. You must only pay a long distance phone call to a conference number. ... I was hoping that some of the regulars with high speed access would volunteer.
High-speed access over long-distance phone line??