Sequencer programming AB

Hi there,
icon7.gif

I am a newbie
icon4.gif

I did some programming on Siemens LOGO and some troubleshooting on Siemens S7.
Now I have to write a progamm for a machine
( big sandwich flipper ).I tried the common way
but ended up having over 30 Rungs! just for the
9 step ( Drum switch )part.
I would like to use a Sequencer but have trouble with programming and addressing it to my
Inputs (15 Limitswitches)and
Outputs ( 8 Solenoids for hydrolic cylinders )
on a Micrologix 1200
I used Sequencer SQO for my Outputs and
SQL for the Inputs because in every step (9),one output must be activated and advance the sequencer to the next step when a number of Inputs are become true.
I programmed the 9 steps into the data table
SQL N7:0 and SQO B3:0.
Now I can not figure out how to address the inputs and outputs to the SQL and SQO.
Do I have to make one rung for each
Input and SQL #N7:0 to #N7:14 and
one rung for each SQO B3:0 to B3:8 and Output.
Or is there a simpler way ?
icon9.gif

Thank you very much for any help
Heinz

If I understand you correctly, you have your SQO as B3:0-B3:8. All you should have to do is copy the B3:0 word to your output file O:0, or whatever your output file # is. You may have to mask the other 8 outputs.

When programming with sequencers I like to display the inputs and outputs separately even if I have to tie them to dummy bits. This way I have a place in the program where someone can go to view all the inputs and outputs. Keep in mind the average joe doesn't have time to figure out our methods when he wants to find out what is wrong with the production line. In short, make it understandable! Because if it's not understandable someone will sure deystroy it!

Greetings Heinz,

and welcome to the forum ...

I used ... SQL for the Inputs because in every step (9),one output must be activated and advance the sequencer to the next step when a number of Inputs are become true.

have you looked at the SQC (Sequencer Compare) instruction yet? ... based on the quote above, I think that the SQC might be more useful to you than the SQL (Sequencer Load) instruction ...