I don't get it !!!

Terry Woods

How the heck do you post an image???

I did the Browse thing, found my file and then tried to include it in my post. When I use the IMG button I keep getting...

"Enter the Text to be Formatted"

So... what's up with that???

And the HELP didn't help much.

It seems that you might have figured it out in the practice area, but just in case you're still confused... :confused:

The trick is, when you want to include an image from YOUR computer, use the Attach File thingy at the bottom. But ONLY when you're ready to click "Submit Reply". It doesn't show up in the "Preview Reply", and you have to re-add it before you do the final submit.

The IMG button lets you insert an image from the web (stuff with a URL address). You can insert it IN-
icon10.gif
-LINE like this. This one DOES work in the "Preview Reply"

But you knew that already, right? :D

-Eric

Thanks, Eric.

As much of a pain in the A$$ it was in the old site, it was better than this new setup.

I build my graphics in Designer, then copy to PAINT. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I can see that the thing to do is Preview in the Practice Here area. However, what I also noticed there was that you can't include an updated version of the same file on the same practice post for comparison! PAIN!

Thanks, again!

Also notice that you CAN'T "embed" an uploaded image. It ALWAYS appears AFTER the post with the "So and so had attached this image:" prefix.

I saw your tests popping in and out at the practice forum...To do what I think you're trying to do (have text above AND below the image), you'd have to stick the image on the internet somewhere and link to it with the IMG button.

I'm sure you'll figure out some workaround... There's ALWAYS a workaround ya know! :D

beerchug

-Eric