NT drivers for HP Compaq NC6000 laptop

Maia

This is a bit off the PLC topic but still related. I downgraded my HP compaq NC6000 laptop from Windows XP to Windows NT 4.0. Siemens PCS7 V5.1 can only be installed in Win NT. The problem is, HP COMPAQ does not have drivers (video card, network card, audio) for this laptop model running in NT. I would really appreciate if you can help me find these drivers. Perhaps you know websites sharing these stuff.

Thanks,
maia

Ouch... NT is long non-supported. Not many hardware manufacturers write drivers for old OS's, and the driver structure is vastly different between Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2k, not to mention XP.

That being said, depending on the type of integrated hardware, you might be able to find NT compatible video drivers at www.guru3d.com for nVIDIA and ATI, maybe some others, or www.intel.com for the Intel graphics chipsets.

For network cards, try some of the generic ones, such as any Realtek combo driver, or 3Com, unless you know the NIC manufacturer.

Laptop audio is likely to be a challange, but some older drivers for either Soundblaster or TurtleBeach MAY work. Many of the laptop audio systems are based on Connexant (Rockwell, but not AB Rockwell) or ESS systems. You might look here http://drivers.soft32.com/index-2-12-111-0-4.html for a bunch of assorted drivers.

Good luck.