Lm90 90-30 Ethernet Comm Question

Hello All,

I have a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC with a 364 CPU. I can communicate with the PLC via serial in LM90, I can communicate via serial and ethernet with Proficy Machine Edition, I can ping it in DOS, but I cannot communicate with it via Ethernet in LM90. I have gone in the confifuration and entered an IP address, is there somewhere else that I have to tell it to use the ethernet to communicate instead of serial?

Thanks!

To use Ethernet in DOS you will need drivers loaded in DOS...ie autoexec.bat and/or config.sys. Find the brand/model for your Ethernet card and see if a DOS driver is available. I am still not positive that LM90 can use Ethernet.

There is an additional step to set up ethernet communications in Logicmaster.

From the LM90 main menu, before you go to either Programming or Configuration, hit F7 (Logicmaster 90 Utilities), then F1 (Network Utility). The default password is netutil. The hit F1 to open up the PLC list and add a new PLC to the list. You will need the MAC ID from the CPU364 module.

Once that's done, it's back to the LM90 main menu and hit F9 (Setup) and then F4 (PLC Communications Options). Select Ethernet instead of Serial.

Now back to LM90 Main manu and go into Programming or Configuration. Hit F7 (Setup) then F3 (Select PLC Communications) and you should see the device you just set up in the list of options.

The procedure is described in detail in manual GFK-1401.

Thanks Steve!

I'll give it a try after I finish playing welder this morning.

By the way, what is the MAC ID?

I am a Manufacturing Engineering Manager who greatly misses his Controls Engineer! I am learning (and excited about it) but please forgive my ignorance!
Thanks!

Every Ethernet device has a unique MAC (Media Access Control) ID number built-in. It is a 12-dit hex number. It will be printed on the CPU module circuit board. I don't have a CPU364 to look at to tell you where it's located, but I do have a CMM321 (Ethernet interface module). On that, it's labeled "Default Station Address".

Thanks Steve!

Worked like a charm. I wonder if they could make it a little more cumbersome to do?

I sure am going to miss LM90! Unfortunately, All of the LM90 programs here were created in version 4.? and they used things that Versa Pro, Cimplicity, and Proficy don't like very much and there is alot of errors when it they try to build.

Thanks again for the help!

What sort of errors? I've had pretty good luck getting LM90 folders imported into both VP and CME. Have you opened and saved the old folders using a newer version of Logicmaster before trying to import them into Machine Edition?

Do the Logicmaster programs use MCRs or JUMPs? If either of those are what's causing the import errors, try changing from the MCR/ENDMCR pair to MCRN/ENDMCRN and from JUMP/LABEL to JUMPN/LABELN. The early revisions of the 90-30 didn't allow nesting of MCR zones. When they upgraded to permit it, they introduced the MCRN instruction for nested zones. You can use the MCRN instruction for non-nested zones. VP and CME may not import the old non-nested instructions.

Hello Steve,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this! The original LM90 program was created in version 4.02. I have opened it in LM90 version 9.02 and closed it in this version. There is not anything else that you have to do to save it is there?

The JUMP's have been converted to JUMPN's. I haven't noticed any MCR's or MCRN's yet.

When I try to validate the program in Proficy it stops the build because it exceeded 100 errors. Almost all of them are Error 8036.

My Feedback Zone looks as follows:

-------------------- Validating --------------------
Validating Services
-------------------- Validating --------------------
Validating Services
Target - test1
test1 - Logic PLC
Validating Hardware Configuration
Warning 8402: Insufficient power. Using 114.47% of the supplied 5 VDC Power (Watts) [Rack 0, Slot 0]
Exporting folder...
Error 8036: Address '%R00002' on 'R00002' is already used on 'R00001[1]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00007' on 'R00007[0]' is already used on 'FORMTMR'
Error 8036: Address '%R00009' on 'R00007[2]' is already used on 'FTMR_CW'
Error 8036: Address '%R00008' on 'R00008' is already used on 'R00007[1]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00010' on 'R00010[0]' is already used on 'EXTDLY'
Error 8036: Address '%R00011' on 'R00011' is already used on 'R00010[1]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00014' on 'R00014' is already used on 'R00013[1]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00017' on 'R00017' is already used on 'R00016[1]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00022' on 'R00022[0]' is already used on 'MVACDLY'
Error 8036: Address '%R00024' on 'R00022[2]' is already used on 'MVDLYCW'
Error 8036: Address '%R00023' on 'R00023' is already used on 'R00022[1]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00025' on 'R00025[0]' is already used on 'MVACTMR'
Error 8036: Address '%R00027' on 'R00025[2]' is already used on 'MVTMRCW'
Error 8036: Address '%R00026' on 'R00026' is already used on 'R00025[1]'

Probably something really simple and stupid on my part???

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer!

Cheers!

Scott

Try going to the navigator window in Proficy and choose the PLC tab, then the General settings. Got to duplicate address and change it to Warn instead of Error.

I had this problem, it has something to do with the way Proficy assigns the addresses, it sees them as duplicates if they are in more than one spot in the ladder even though it is totally acceptable for a register.

Hello Glaverty,

Thanks for input! I now have logic equal, configuration equal, and in run mode! All of this is on a benchtop. Now I'll have to try in machine and see if it works!

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Cheers!

Scott