DI/DO in Simatic Push Panel

metaller

Hello there, can someone explain me why are digital inputs in Simatic Push Panel PP7/17 at lenght 1bit(thats logical and OK), but the digital outputs consist from 2bits(???)? What does it mean? how to adress them?

THX for any help...

Hi metaller.

I dont know the Pushbutton Panels, but on operator panels there are also 2 bits per LED/lamp.

The combination is like this:
00=off
01=slow flashing
10=fast flashing
11=steady light.

I would guess that the function is the same.

Yeah, that's correct... but the structure of this panel is:

Keys 4bites (32 keys)
DI 2bites (16DI one bit per input)
LEDs 8bites (2bits controlling colour of LED)
DO 4bites (16DO but there's 32bites and only 16 outputs)

Maybe one solution is that the outputs are designed as the LED, 'cause both are adressed as outputs...
But how to set an digital output (not LED)?

For example the adressing is from Byte0 to Byte17:
Bits from 7 to 0
Byte0 I I I I I I I I I Keys 1-8
Byte1 I I I I I I I I I Keys 9-16
Byte10 I I I I I I I I I LED 17-24
Byte11 I I I I I I I I I LED 17-24
Byte14 I I I I I I I IxI DO 1-8
Byte15 I I I I I I I IxI DO 1-8
Byte16 I I I I I I I I I DO 9-16
Byte17 I I I I I I I I I DO 9-16

Does it mean that to set up DO1 i need to set DI14.0 and DI15.0 at the same time?

Hi Metaller.

If the structure is like you showed, then it cannot be like on the operator panels.

I would experiment to find out. It is often the fastest way to find the truth. :)

I would like to... but at present time I've no panel to find it out :)
Hmmm, nothing happends... I would guess that to set them i need to set up both bits... And that would be the result...

Anyway, thanx for you time :eek:)