About DP/DP coupler

I presume you are talking step 7 here.

The DP coupler is simply an I/O device, just the same as any other remote I/O, so yes you can directly access the addresses you have configured in hardware config.

The DP coupler is the best simple method to interconnect between two PLC's on profibus whilst keeping the profibus networks isolated from each other.

Mitsubishi Q06 series and DP/DP Coupler

I have to connect two Mitsu Q06 logic with independent profibus together. I intend use DP/DP Coupler (Siemens 6ES7 158 - 0AD01 - 0XA0). Is that OK? Do you have any problems with this type connections?

Hi, some while back I connected a Siemens master to a Mitsu Q Series master using a DP\DP Coupler. If I can recall correctly, the coupler acts as two independant slaves, with one side of the decoupler linked to one master and the other side of the decoupler the the other master.

The Masters reads and write to a buffer within the decoupler which automatically exchanges the data so that the masters effectively see each other.

For the Mitsu Q series you will need ProfiMap and will configure one side of the DP slave (address different than other side of DP decoupler). You then download specifically to the master module on the Q series rack. The siemens is more straight forward and connecting the DP Slave is done in the normal profibus manner (again seperate address than used on mitsubishi side).

In general it isn't to bad to install. Hope this helps

Profibus dp-dp coupler

I have one question...........?

is there possible to connect DP-DP Coupler with S7-200 (CPU 216) Series ..........?