Cannot Add a new 1747-PIC Driver to RSLinx

Melp

The tittle mainly says it all. I tried to add a new driver (1747-PIC) to RSLinx Classic 2.50 and when I click on ADD NEW it does nothing at all. I've tried adding other types of drivers and it gives me the configuration window. Is there something I should be doing ??

Thanks

Melanie

Is RSLinx running as a service? If it is you need to open the RSLinx control panel (Start - Programs - Rockwell Software - RSLinx), stop the RSLinx service, and uncheck the "Always run as a service" box.

You should then be able to restart RSLinx again and add the PIC driver.

Once the driver is configured, I believe that you can re-enable the service if that's how you want the software to run.

Rick

Similar Topics

I am trying to add a device to my RSLogix 5000 program. The device is a Eaton PowerXL DG1 I downloaded the eds file from the website (it...
Replies
Views
Hello! I need to create a shift report based on SQL data logging. To do this I tried to use MS FlexGrid OCX but got an error message about missing...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I need to add a SLC500 to FTView Studio and have run into a roadblock. The OPC topic is configured in RSlinx without a problem, but...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm new to Allen Bradley. Have almost exclusively worked with Siemens before. I'm trying to add a new IO station to the my...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Has anyone experienced errors while attempting to delete an Add on instruction in RSLogix 5000 V16.00? I have removed all logic...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom