GE 90-30 with Data Access unit HE693TCR050C

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using a 90-30 with that Data Access unit, it seems simple to operate but does not allow me to change timer preset values when I try.

I programmed the 90-30 311 with VersaPro ver 2.02 and the firmware has been upgraded.

Is there something in VersaPro that locks the values in all the timer PV settings.

Is it possible to lock or unlock certain timers to block some that shouldnt be changed?

The manual for that TCR is at:
http://www.heapg.com/Documentation/...050/m008503.pdf

Ron,

If I am understanding you problem correctly you are trying to change the PV value on a timer through the HMI and not having any luck.

Say your timer is %R1, this makes you PV value %R2, which would be the value you are trying to change.

When you set up your timer in ladder logic what are you putting in the location for PV? Try putting in %R2 (or whatever your using). If you have a constant in there the Program will probably over-write anything you put into the HMI.

Let me know this works for you.

Last edited:
Glaverty's link does work. If you have problems, try this:
Here is the path to follow to the manual. Go to www.heapg.com. Click on MANUALS. Click on HMI.Click on HE693TCR050/.Click on M008503.pdf.
Click Save this file to disk.
Choice number 3: See attached file.

Last edited:
I have the manual for the Data Access unit.

This is a very simple unit, you can view I/O, Timer or Counter Registers. It shows a picture of the Timer Pre value which is the preset which for Timer 1 in my case %R0002. When I wrote the program I put numbers in for the PV, how do you know if its a constant or not with VersaPro?

Thats what I need to know, can I make some of them constant (or where they can not be modified by the Data Access Unit) and of course allow the others to be modified.

Everything works except the fact I can not change the Preset Values and I am not sure why. I miss things pretty easily so was hoping someone knew or had dealt with this kind of issue.

The part number indicates to me, Ron, that the unit is made by Horner Electric. Their manuals aren't bad, but you might want to contact them by phone. The only time I used them I had problems with formatting the data correctly - I don't remember the details, but it was not at all intuitive.

As you know, GE timers use three consecutive %R registers with the preset value being stored in the second of those three registers.

If you entered a constant at the PV node of the timer in your ladder logic, then that constant value will overwrite anything that the external device writes into it.

What you should do is to put %R2 at the PV node of the timer. You can also leave the node blank.

Your logic should look like this

_________
..logic....| |----( )-
| TMR |
| |
%R0002-|PV |
| |
|_________|
%R0001

Not like this

_________
..logic....| |----( )-
| TMR |
| |
CONST -|PV |
100 | |
|_________|
%R0001

In the example of how not to do it, when the rung containing the timer is solved, the value of 100 gets written into %R0002, overwriting whatever may have been put there by the HMI.

That was what I needed to know, if I wasnt so dense I would have understood glaverty when he said it.

Thank you all.