S5 Information

Vietnam Bob

V
Well after a long time, I final made it back. I am after where to find information on the S5 system. Just when You think, well there is no more PLC learning curves, somehow, someone, come up with a PLC I have not fooled around with. I need cable information, hardware information, and software information. I have a copy of fastrack (V3.3) but have found very little information on the internet that I can read. (I have this thing about English) Please advise

Unfortunately Siemens don't deliver much of public TECHNICAL product information, they like sell it separetly.

Siemens have Techinal support telephone here ~5$ per minute for current problems and queueing phone where Siemens maybe call back today or tomorrow or... but that is free.. Email is possible but not fast. http://www.ad.siemens.de/meta/index_76.htm
I don't know how is it in Vietnam ?

"Service is not the way in Europe, the way is SELF-service."

And another...

http://www.sea.siemens.com/automat/product/plc/s5/aus5dl.html

Select "Manuals, FAQ's & Other Support Services" (in the middle of the screen)

Then expand the tree on the left to show the S5's.

Then on the right side, select the "Manuals" tab.

This site has been going through many changes... well... since it opened.
It gets less and less painful to navigate everytime they put a touch on it... at this point, it's really not too bad.

And btw Bob...

... Just when You think, well there is no more PLC learning curves,...

I am of the opinion that we are always and forever under the learning curve... unless of course, we've gone flat-line...

In that case, "What's a PLC?"