Six lead motor connections

katratzi

I have a six terminal motor (terminals are marked U1, V1, W1, U2, V2, W2). This motor was used in a delta-wye contactor arrangement previously, but now is going to be connected to a standard 3 phase 460 volt drive. Should the terminals be paralleled to the output terminals of the drive? For example, should U1 and U2 be connected to T1, and V1 and V2 connect to T2, etc.?
Iam unfamiliar with this type of motor. Is it wound differently than the standard U.S. 3 phase motor?

Shunt U1 to V2
Shunt V1 to W2
Shunt W1 to U2

Connect your three Phases to U1 V1 W1

This arrangement is for Delta system

For a Star connection

Shunt U2 to V2 to W2
and connect your three phases to U1, V1, and W1

In either case if the rotation is not correct then swap two of the supply phases (cables)

Hi Katratzi,
Take a look at the nameplate rating of the motor, if it is connected for high voltage, then, connect it in wye.

U2 V2 W2 ---connected together as the star or wye point then U1 V1 W1 connected to T1 T2 T3 OF THE CONTACTOR.

For lower voltage, then, connect it in delta.

U2 connected to V1 then this connection is connected to T1 of contactor.
V2 connected to W1 then this connection is connected to T2 of the contactor.
W2 connected to U1 then this connection is connected to T3 of the contactor.

SET-CSG