Six Lead Motor Question

Thanks for all the helpful info. It turns out that the correct motor hookup was with both motor leads labeled the same, connected together to the same phase.

The original problem that made us doubt the motor hookup ended up being the result of the speed proportional gain setting in the drive being too large, even though this was the factory default setting. We lowered this setting and everything seems to be good now.

Again, thanks for all the responses.

Here is a follow up on the thread from another. Thought I would share

That is double "delta" connection that is little odd for straight 480 volt hook up.( for the IEC type motours unless they are large motor size then it will be common )

There are some case you will see same size tails that can be part winding start.

Whatever the reason if you have VFD or start on DOL { direct on line } on smaller motours always wired them up in delta otherwise you will burn up the windings { not very often you will see double Wye connected for running mode.}

The otherwise the Motourwinder did have the correct sequince of connections ditto with dronai's link for the connection.

Merci,
Marc

dronai, if it was star or wye connected, I don't think the OP would have gotten the continuity readings he gave us. Go back and review those.

This may answer your question. From Motorwinder, following the Frenchmans comment about Double Delta.

Not a delta. If you have continuity U, V and W, that indicates internal wyes. If it was delta or wye/delta, You'd have continuity between 3 pairs. Probably wouldn't be able to run part-winding either. It's possible, but why would a winder connect a part-winding connection and not mark it accordingly. Someone rewound it and brought out 6 leads is all.